Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nigella's breakast bars


I finally got around to making Nigella's Breakfast Bars. I have been eyeing them off for some months now and have had all of the ingredients to make them cluttering up the pantry.

I did make a few adjustments, although I kept the proportions of ingredients the same.

395g tin condensed milk
250g rolled oats
75g desiccated coconut
100g dried dates
125g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
125g walnuts and almonds

Preheat the oven to 130C. Grease and line a 23 x 33 x 4cm baking tray.

Warm the condensed milk in a small pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add the warmed condensed milk.

Spread the mixture into the tray and smooth the surface.

Bake for an hour. Remove from the oven and sit for 15 minutes. Cut into bars.

Notes
- Next time I need to cook the bars for longer. The tops seemd cooked but the bottoms were still rather sticky.
- Yum! The three ingredients that I most notice are the dates, the sesame seeds and the condensed milk, and not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment