Saturday, September 4, 2010

A packet full of custard

Today, I felt like something sweet, and custard was in my sights! I have to confess to going the easy route and pulling out the custard powder, rather than using egg yolks but really what do I do with all of the egg whites??

A local Western Australian brand of custard is the Fulcreem Co Custard Powder. This is the custard powder that I grew up with. Mum used it to make us custard and she had a special plastic spoon that she used to measure and stir it with. Ahh, memories of childhood.

This brand was cruelly taken off the shelves for a wee while, and we had to resort to other unfamiliar brands. Thankfully the makers of Nurses Cornflour reinstated it on the supermarket shelves! I still have the cut recipes from the Fulcreem box in my tupperware, you can see that they have changed the name to Full Creem and the "Nurses" name is on the new box.

Yum! Anyway I thought I had no cake in the house to eat with it so I broke a biscuit over my custard. It just wasn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment