Wednesday, September 15, 2010

White chocolate and Macadamia Cookies


Father’s Day (and Mother’s Day for that matter) is always a good excuse to have the family around for dinner. Of course, a good dessert is essential to finish any dinner and since Dad loves chocolate I thought that I would bake something along that theme. I initially planned to make chocolate brownies and serve with vanilla ice cream, but I ran out of time to make them and thought I would make something simpler and quicker – white chocolate and macadamia cookies. Yum!

I looked to Donna Hay Chocolate for inspiration. I had not tried this recipe before and I was a little skeptical about the amount of flour and other dry ingredients. It seemed like a lot of flour to the ratio of wet ingredients but I pressed on. I ended up using my hands to bring the dough together but it did in the end and they baked beautifully!

125g unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup unsalted macadamias, chopped
250g white chocolate, chopped

Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.

Cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Add the egg and beat until incorporated.

Mix in the flours, macadamias and white chocolate.

Form two tablespoons of mixture into a ball, place on lined baking tray and flatten slightly.

Bake for up to 12 minutes or until just golden. Cool on trays

No comments:

Post a Comment