Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Sherbet Cafe and Bake Shop


Last Saturday E and I headed into uncharted territory to try out the Sherbet Cafe and Bake Shop in Maylands. We had originally planned to have afternoon tea however we turned up with an appetite for lunch and we ordered accordingly.

The cafe had a steady stream of customers, both for dining in and take away service. We admired the cakes - beautiful cupcakes piled high with icing, towering layer cakes and other treats. There was also a small savoury section and it was from this that I chose a roasted vegetable and gruyere tart. E went with a frittata and we also ordered a slice of the red velvet layer cake to share.

The servings were very generous and E could not eat all of her frittata. I think that she was trying to save room for the cake!


The slice of cake that we were served was enormous. It was accompanied by double cream and I really that the purpose of the cream was to cut the richness of the icing!

We tried our best but in the end we were defeated by the cake. It was lovely and light with extremely rich icing.

I definitely would like to make another visit (or two or three!) and sample more of the cakes on offer. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks delicious! Definitely putting this on my "to go to" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend taking a friend to help you eat it!

    ReplyDelete