Sunday, July 3, 2011

Berry and white chocolate muffins


Following my efforts with the baci semifreddo I found myself with a surplus of double cream and creme fraiche. I knew just the recipe and pulled out my Donna Hay simple essentials: chocolate cook book. Muffins are simple to make and easy to share with my work mates!

2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1 cup chopped white chocolate


Preheat the oven to 180C.

Place the flour and sugar into a bowl and mix to combine.

Combine the sour cream, eggs, lemon rind and oil and whisk together.


Stir the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold through the raspberries and chocolate. I do not think that I mixed well enough before I added the berries and chocolate, if you look closely you can see a fair amount of flour in the batter.



Spoon the mixture into 8 texas muffin tins lined with paper patty cases.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.



Notes
  • I made 12 muffins in cases in a 1/3 cup tray. Cook for approximately 20 minutes

  • I made a few tweaks to the recipe, substituting wholemeal flour and using a combination of sour cream, creme fraiche and double cream, as well as lime rind instead of the lemon rind as we have an oversupply

  • For vegetable oil I always use a light olive oil

  • The berries that were in my freezer were mixed berries, and quite icy. I tried to pick out the ice as best I could

  • For chocolate I had a combination of chocolate melts and white chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete