Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

That is Christmas over for another year! This year was a bit different. In our family normally we will all get together in the morning to open presents, then have the family lunch. In this case "we" consists of Mum, Dad, me, E and now C. Yesterday both E and C were working, and I got to Mum & Dad's late, so we did no present opening in the morning and instead it waited until the evening when E had finished work and had come to over. C is still working, I will not see him for another week! That gives me time to sort out his present though...

The family lunch is with my Mum's family, and held either at my parent's house are at my Mum's brother's house. They rotate every year. The lineup changes every year depending on who is in Perth and not working, and it is lovely to catch up with cousins and aunts and find out what has been going on! Yesterday there were nineteen of us for lunch, probably the largest group that we have had for a few years.

When E came over she started pulling parcels out of her Christmas sack (that is, a green shopping bag!). There were a large number with my name on it. This is very exciting however I only had one with her name on it and was starting to get a bit concerned. Her presents for me were lots of smaller, useful items, and it was lovely to open them one at a time.



Two food related items that she gave me are the heart shaped cutters, and the Donna Hay Cupcake Papers. The cutters came with a note from E saying that they could be used for C's & my engagement party, and I believe that she offered to make heart shaped shortbread for the party. That would be awesome! The cupcake papers are also really sweet, it seems a shame to actually put cupcakes into them.

I also learnt yesterday that David Jones has a better collection of baking items than I believed. I have noticed recently that they stock a range of Wilton baking items in the general kitchen area, and E said that there are more and varied items further within the food court section. I shall have to investigate, but perhaps after the craziness of the post-Christmas sales has died down!

E has also given me the rest of her egg yolks, hopefully they are still okay and I will make some custard with them later to go with the Christmas cakes and puddings that we have been given!!

No comments:

Post a Comment