Monday, December 14, 2009

Why food?

One of my favourite pasttimes is eating! That is one good reason for me to do a lot of exercise...

The idea for this blog is to talk about food! Recipes that I try and notes for those, as well as restaurants and fresh food out of my garden.

When I still lived at home, I thought that a garden would be too much effort, and always thought that I would want something "easy care". When I moved into my first place, there were some simple roses and a few herbs and a lemon tree. Now, I had always thought that roses were difficult to look after, but I have found that they do not really want for much. You have to water them occasionally, treat them for black spot and prune them. I haven't had to do too many things else!

At some point along the way I picked up a real appreciation of fresh food, and now, in my second place, we have pulled out most of the plants that do not produce something edible and the back garden has grown and is growing all sorts! Peaches, lemons, mulberries, lime and mandarin, strawberries, leeks, tomatoes, herbs, spring onions... so many to list!

No comments:

Post a Comment