Thursday, December 17, 2009

Update on fruit mince pies...

I made the rest of the fruit mince pies a la Donna Hay. I only made a dozen on Monday and another dozen tonight. A few more notes regarding the recipe:

  • I used a 68mm cutter. The recipe called for 70mm. My pastry shrank into ovals once I had put it into the tray!

  • When I had filled all twelve holes I put the tray and pastry into the freezer, in the hope that it would stop the pastry shrinking further.

  • The recipe said it made 22. I made 24.

  • I had about a tennis ball sized amount of pastry left over each session, after using the recipe to make 350g.


So, next time I need to use a larger cutter, since the filling all bubbled over the sides!

And finally.... mmmmmmm-yum!

PS Did I say YUM???!

No comments:

Post a Comment