Friday, December 25, 2009

You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Gingerbread men are all iced and ready to go... I have to confess that I lost patience at the end; I actually had more white icing than any other colour but ended up with the least amount of white icing on the biscuits!

Maybe next time I will decorate them all the same...
Hmm, looking at my efforts this year, in a rush and on my own, compared to the decorating of E and I a couple of years ago... standards have slipped!



I tried using snaplock bags this time, I usually use baking paper and sticky tape. The sticky tape that I have does not actually stick to the baking paper so by the end of it the icing is oozing out everywhere! That was not a problem with the bags, however I found it difficult to actually get the icing out and onto the biscuits! I will have to keep searching for a better method of icing the biscuits. Perhaps I should buy an icing pen, or maybe I should just spread it on with a knife...

They went down well today with my cousins, and there were none left to bring back home for Mum! Luckily we left some at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment