Friday, April 9, 2010

Eating in Sydney

Sydney... so much to see, only so much energy in the legs to carry me there! I had an unremarkable breakfast at a cafe,

Lunch was at the Paddington Markets at, I think, the Paddington Market Cafe. I had a lovely silver beet with other vegetables pie. It was extremely tasty. The salad too was fresh and it seemed surreal to be eating such lovely food using a plastic fork. Ah well. They had all sorts of other tasty vegetarian and gluten free treats there just waiting to be sampled. It was a difficult choice.


Dinner was at the China Grand Restaurant at Market City. They had many tanks of live seafood, including fish, crayfish and abalone, and we sampled fresh scallops, along with more traditional dishes including roast duck, sang choy bau and chinese brocoli.


Dinner was topped by dessert at Passion Flower, serving asian inspired ice cream dessert extravaganza! They had more traditional ice creams, but I had to try something a little more exotic - the Double Happiness with two scoops each of grean tea ice cream and azuki red bean ice cream served with azuki red bean paste and glutinous balls. I had to try it.


After all of this eating I needed to have a bit of a break, and the next morning I went in search of a simple breakfast with a view. I found it in the form of porridge and a pot of tea at Portobello Caffe, and the view was of the Sydney Habour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. How magical! I was expecting the food to be vastly over priced but I got breakfast for under $12 with some lovely fresh strawberries.


My breakfast view...

One thing I do not understand is pots of tea with TEABAGS!!! I mean really. Pot + Leaf + Strainer = TEA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment