Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicken and Vegetable Pie


This morning I felt like eating something savoury and warm. A sausage roll sprang to mind... not really that good for me but solid and predictable comfort food.

There are a few places around the office to buy such goodies, and I decided to try Posh Nosh as I remember them as having a selection of pies and sausage rolls. (The last time I felt like a sausage roll I tried a shop that only had sausage rolls or $6 quiches! Not enough choice at snack price...)

Posh Nosh had a few different items to choose from, including cornish pasties, a beef steak pie, chicken and vegetable pies, german sausage rolls and spinach and feta filo triangles.

I asked if there were any particularly recommended and was told that they were all good. That did not particularly help me to make my mind up so I eventually opted for the chicken and vegetable pie (it had vegetables).

The pie was excellent. The pastry was soft with a bit of crisp on the outside, and not soggy at all. The vegetables on offer were corn, onion, celery and carrot, and to be honest I did not much notice how much chicken was in the pie as I was enjoying eating it!

When I got back to the office to eat my pie I realised that it had been wrapped in paper before being put into the paper bag, and I was also given a fork as well as a napkin. One of my colleagues told me it was very civilised! I was doubly impressed with the pie and presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment