Saturday, May 15, 2010

Home mixed muesli


I am a creature of habit. My breakfasts during the week will be either weetbix/vita brits or natural muesli. Generally I buy generic brands from the supermarket, but inspired by this article on the ABC's Landline I purchased Brookfarm macadamia muesli.

I do like the muesli, and the macadamias are a nice touch! The downside of the muesli is the sugar content. I have found with a few of the more interesting mueslis that you can really taste the added sugar and I would rather be able to add my own (and I do not) than have someone else add it for me. I also had a few bits and pieces lying around in my pantry so I thought that I would give mixing my own muesli a go.

I started with All Bran, then rolled oats, Large Sultanas and I think currants as well. There are pepitas and sunflower seeds, dried apricots and dried peaches and walnuts. All of the ingredients except the All Bran and walnuts are Product of Australia.

I added everything in layers and then mixed it all up once I was finished! It is very tasty, although next time I will substitute the walnuts with something else, maybe macadmias or pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment