Sunday, May 30, 2010

Varietal apple juice


I enjoy watching the ABC's Landline program. This interest is a little unusual, as I am definitely a city girl and have never spent time on a farm.

One article that interested me today was about Sutton's Farm in Queensland. They are an apple orchard. Initially they supplied apples to the supermarkets and then sold at farmer's markets and would end up with a high percentage of product they could not sell full price. As a way to repurpose their apples they started to make apple juice in the different apple varieties. They also make cider and you can pick apples at their farm as well.

The product that appeals most to me though is their varietal apple juice. I am an apple juice fan and do prefer it to be fresh. It would be great to be able to buy juice of your favourite flavoured apples without preservatives or flavours.

I will keep my eyes open to see if I can find anything similar here in Perth...

Image here

No comments:

Post a Comment