Friday, June 25, 2010

Apple & Cranberry Crumble


Last night C asked me when I was going to make apple pie. Considering that we only had two (small) apples I knew it was not going to be last night, so I offered to make apple crumble instead. He was keen and so I got to work.

1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
50g butter
2 apples
1/2 cup cranberries
4 teaspoons golden syrup

Preheat oven to 180C.

I put the flour, oats and sugar into a bowl, and mixed them with my hand. The sugar needed to be broken up a bit too. I then chopped the butter finely and rubbed it into the flour mixture.

I cut the apple into small pieces. Into each 250mL ramekin I put half an apple, some frozen cranberries and a teaspoon of golden syrup.

I put a quarter of the crumble mixture onto the top of each ramekin, topped with a small blob of butter.

I baked the ramekins for around half an hour. I checked it with a fork after 25 minutes to see if the apple was cooked.

Serve with ice cream!

Notes
- The crumble topping was enough for four serves, so I made two last night and froze the rest of it. I made crumble again tonight. Yum!
- I definitely recommend putting your ramekins onto a tray. It is much easier to move them in and out of the oven this way.
- I probably used around 30g butter for the crumble topping, and I think that it should have had a little more so I have increased the quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment