Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Look in the sky. Is it a bird?


I was keen when we were in Melbourne to eat at some of the more interesting cafes on offer. I had initially suggested to C that we head to St Kilda on the Saturday for a look around but he was not that keen. I sent a message to NM back in Perth for the addresses of a couple of places I had been to with her, and we ended up at Birdman Eating on Gertrude Street. I loved it when NM took me there and was keen to have C see what it was all about.

C is not big on breakfast - he prefers to have cereal - but he made an effort for me.

We both ordered Chai Lattes. These came in enamel pouring cups and were beautifully frothed up. I love the aroma of chai latte! There was honey provided for added sweetness however mine was sweet enough for me.

C's breakfast was Braised Beans on toast, with an added poached egg. He was intrigued as he had only ever eaten baked beans from a tin before. They were extremely tasty and I was again in heaven, determined to try to find a good recipe for use at home.

I ordered the Black rice, coconut yoghurt & mango dish that I had when NM first brought me. It was as tasty as I had remembered; however coupled with the chai latte I felt a little overloaded by all things sweet. Thankfully I had C's beans to dip into and counteract the sweet sensation.

C commented on the convenience of the tram stop opposite and next time I visit I may even try a different dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment