Friday, June 11, 2010

Girls Night In - Party Passions


Last night I was privileged to attend a Party Passions cooking class, organised by the Cancer Council. See here for more information on the evening!

The class itself was called Party Passions and was run by Nico Moretti of Cooking Passions Cooking School.

We sampled mango mocktails, parmesan crisps, carbonara fritata, arancini balls, proscuitto wrapped prawns, lamb rolls and almond crusted buffalo wings with a blue castello dipping sauce. All recipes were explained to us as an easy to construct item and able to be prepared in advance.

I felt inspired to go home and cook a risotto, just so that I could make arancini balls. Yum!

Nico also recommended suppliers of some of the foodstuffs, and I was very envious to hear that his local fish shop is Kailis (in Leederville) and his local deli the Re Store! Our local deli Scutti's is very good, as is our butcher Angelo Street Meats however we miss out on having a good local seafood supplier. Come to think of it, that is not such an issue since C catches most of our fish and seafood anyway! It is only prawns, oysters and scallops that escape him.

If anyone is interested I do have the recipes and I might be willing to share a drop or two of inspiration!

It was definitely a good night, very relaxed and it was great to meet some inspiring ladies! Thank you to the Cancer Council for the opportunity.

Thank you also to my wonderful friends who indulge me every year and attend my Girls Night In afternoon tea, and donate so generously!

No comments:

Post a Comment