Monday, June 7, 2010

Rhubarb inspiration



Last summer C's mum gave us fresh rhubarb to eat and I was stuck with how we could cook it. I tried a few recipes, including these rhubarb muffins, but did not come up with anything too exciting.

These two recipes are ones that I could see myself trying next summer. Rustic Rhubarb Tarts by Smitten Kitchen and Rhbuarb Tart by Tartlette.

Tartlette's recipes are gluten free however she does give directions for using normal plain flour. The comments on her recipe indicate that the Xantham Gum is only required if you go gluten free.

I especially love the fact that she gives measurements in metric! I usually shy away from recipes from the US. There are enough rcipes out there with metric measurements and I am too lazy to translate imperial and farenheit.

Images belong to Smitten Kitchen and Tartlette

No comments:

Post a Comment