Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday cake pops!


Back in March my friend KC asked if I would like to give her a hand making cake pops for her daughter's 1st birthday party. As much as I would have loved to it was actually on the Easter weekend and I was going to be in Tasmania!

I expressed my regrets (it did sound like a lot of fun!) and asked her for some photos and words so that I could post about it.

She was inspired by this post to turn her hand at chicks, bunnies and easter eggs.

In KC's words:
I have pics from our cake pops work. Here are the low res ones so far plus one of general food. The chicks turned out by far the best but, alas, the focus was off on the photos. NM and I took plenty of shots of our prep work. Two problems with the recipe, I think:
1. We can’t get cream cheese frosting in a can here so the homemade version we used was too sweet, too liquid and too much – this meant the cake filling needed major chilling to encourage it to keep its shape.
2. A vessel small enough for a bit of chocolate but deep enough to dip was problematic. Tupperware jug worked best but was quite large. We tried a Pyrex small jug in the microwave but it retained the heat too well and the chocolate seized.

Anyway, worth a try another time now I have LOTS and LOTS of sprinkle thingies and a fair bit of chocolate colouring agent left.

Ciao!
Bunnies
Eggs!
The picnic spread, with hidden treats!

Images courtesty of KC

No comments:

Post a Comment