Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dessert: Inspiration



C and I went to a wedding down in Dunsborough this weekend at the Clairault winery. There was a great variety of entree canapes - including raw oysters! - and very elegant cheese platters.

Dessert was also canape style, and you can see the (poorly structured) selection on our plate. The selection consisted of:
- Autumn Berry & Cointreau Cheesecake,
- Tartlet of Lemon Curd + Strawberry, and
- Belgian Chocolate Tartlet.

C and I sampled all on offer, and went back for more Chocolate Tartlets. Unfortunately they had been the most popular and I had to settle for another Lemon Curd Tartlet! I am now inspired to try and find a similar filling, the chocolate was warm and quite liquid so we thought that they were most likely filled just before serving.

I did not remember to photograph the cheese platter, but I shall try to use the mix for future inspiration. There was a bowl each of dried muscatel grapes, pear slices and sourdough bread. There were three cheeses - a brie (or camembert, my palate is not refined enough to tell the difference!), a goat's milk feta and a gruyere.

Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment