Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food processors


I am after a new food processor for my kitchen. I am currently using my mother's Breville, vintage unknown, but I suspect it is around 25 years old! It works, but only just. I am afraid every time that I switch it on that I will blow up the motor! It is very limited in its power and capability. I mainly use it for pastry, making scones, and grating food, and have to be careful as to how much I fill it!

Case in point, I attempted to make Nigella Lawson's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake after watching her breeze through it on the television. It did not look complicated at all - put everything in the food processor, turn it on, and then decant into two tins. At any rate, I had to get my trusty Sunbeam MixMaster out of the pantry to finish off the job, before I finished off the food processor! I am not sure of the vintage of that machine either, but I think that it belonged to my Grandma. It doesn't seem to want to die either, however since it is more than capable of the job that it is designed for I have no need to replace it.

Ah well, a new processor is on my wish list! More research is required before I spend my money... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment