Monday, March 1, 2010

A simple summer lunch



I felt like a simple lunch today. It is warm outside - it made it to 38.30C! So, rice and lentils. I was also inspired by this article on Landline on the ABC speaking about the lentil industry in Australia.

1/2 rasher bacon, diced
1/3 cup green lentils
2 teaspoons red wine
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup frozen peas

In a small saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil. Add bacon and cook. Add lentils, stir, and add red wine.

Add water and stir to mix. Place lid on saucepan, turn flame low and simmer. Let it simmer for around 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.

Add frozen peas, leave lid on and let the pease cook for a minute or two.

Serve with basmati rice.

Notes
- quantities are approximate, I did not measure anything!
- I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow!
- I usually use chorizo for flavour, however there was bacon in the fridge just asking to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment