Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hot Cross Buns!!

I have been waiting to buy hot cross buns - somehow it does not feel right to me to be eating them in January when Easter is in April! This morning I decided that it was close enough to Easter for me to be start eating them! I decided to take a different bus to work this morning and wandered down to my local Brumby's on Angelo Street.  Two rolls for lunch and a packet of hot cross buns later I was on my way to the office.

I had my first bun this morning when I got in.  How to describe the texture! So different from what I remember hot cross buns to be. Maybe because I bought them so fresh, who knows? The sultanas pop in your mouth, the crust is slightly crunchy and I really enjoyed eating them and not just for the taste!

It is 10.30am and already I have eaten three. I am feeling slightly gross from the large amount of sugar that I have ingested but I have enjoyed every mouthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment