Sunday, February 14, 2010

Banana Ricotta Pancakes


Over ripe bananas, leftover ricotta and no bread in the house? Make pancakes!

I looked for recipes a few weeks ago, but they looked like too much effort - separate eggs and whip up the whites etc. Oh, and at that point I did not have any bananas, just the ricotta!

So... I just threw a few ingredients together and voila! Brunch.


I really liked the texture - crispy on the edges and squishy and banana-y in the centre. I drizzled on a bit of maple syrup to add some sweetness.

1 overripe banana
1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
ricotta
milk

Put banana in medium bowl. Squish with your whisk.
Add flour and baking powder. Mix together.
Add egg. Mix some more.
Add ricotta. Mix again.
Add milk. Mix it in.
I made a batter that is slightly thicker than my normal crepe pancake recipe.

Heat up a frying pan on a low heat. Grease with butter between pancakes. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Flip it over when the bubbles on the edges burst. Let it cook for 20 seconds or so before removing from the pan.


I ate as I went, so not sure of the exact number I made, will guess it was around eight. It should be more than enough for one person.

I use butter throughout cooking, I have tried to not use it but the pancakes just stick and the bottoms burn so I gave up trying to be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment