Friday, February 12, 2010

Soda Cafe


I went out for dinner tonight with a group of uni friends. My friend T was back in Perth for a few weeks and his Hungarian girlfriend Z came to visit his home and meet his family and friends.

T & Z wanted to eat near the ocean, and so we all met at Soda Cafe in North Beach. The sun was setting as I arrived and I espied T & Z enjoying the sunset!!

The menu at Soda Cafe is a bit different; I was tempted to try a dish of crispy pork belly with crab and sichuan salad. It sounded very interesting... but I settled for something more familiar, in the beef fillet, potato & valdeon gratin, brocollini and jus, due to a desire for vegetables without having to order an extra dish! It also boosted my red meat quota for the week.

I was not sure about whether or not I wanted to have dessert, when I noticed that they had Churros on the menu. Yum! The Churros were quite light and delicate, with lots of sugar and the chocolate sauce was not too sweet and a little bitter. I enjoyed my dessert very much, and it made me more inclined to try and make my own.

I would definitely wish to return to the Soda Cafe and try more of their menu. The only down side for me is the 20km drive to get there!

images via Soda Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment