Friday, February 5, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

It is my last day in the office I am currently working in. It has been a quick visit this time around - seven weeks only - but I would still like to take something in. I have worked with the guys before, and when I was last in that office they had a "Muffin Club" organised for every Friday.

Muffins are fairly easy to whip up, and rather than pay for some from Croissant Express (I am feeling a bit tight for cash!) I thought it would be straightforward to make some this morning before I head in.



I grabbed my trusty Donna Hay simple essentials: fruit cook book and I am trying the blueberry muffin recipe. I do not think that I have made this particular mix before, but they are all pretty similar.

2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup (80mL) vegetable oil
1 cup (250g) sour cream
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine the flour, sugar, eggs, oil and sour cream in a medium bowl and mix well. Sprinkle the mixture with the blueberries and stire to combine. Spoon the bluerry mixture into lightly greased 1 cup (250mL) capacity muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Makes 6.



Notes
- I used 1 cup of self-raising flour and 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour. I like the texture of the wholemeal flour.
- When recipes call for vegetable oil I use light olive oil
- I did not have enough sour cream so it is half sour cream and half greek honey yoghurt. Usually I would substitute natural yoghurt but I made do with what is in the fridge!
- I am making smaller muffins, so the same volume - 6 x 250mL - will give 18 x 1/3 cup muffins. At least that is how I do the maths!

No comments:

Post a Comment