Sunday, February 28, 2010

A touch of France


This morning we went to the Choux Cafe in Swanbourne, a small patisserie in the 'burbs! It was very sweet, mismatched tables and chairs, with room to seat around 15 people. I arrived first, and there was a table big enough for our group so I ordered a vegetable quiche and sat down to wait.

The quiche was lovely! Different flavours from the usual, the pastry was nice and flaky and the filling not your usual egg and cream mix. It inspires me to be more adventurous in my cooking.



After savouries of course it was time for sweet things! Between us we sampled most of the cabinet* - macarons, Paris brest, eclairs, chocolate croissant and escargot. Yum! I had eclair au cafe, it was heaven to eat! The pastry was not soggy at all despite sitting in a display cabinet and the creme patisserie was a great texture.

As we were finishing they also put out samples of the macarons, so I got to try a few of them too.

* Okay so a bit of poetic licence applied here, there were a lot more different and varied sweet treats that we did not have room for.

Images from Choux Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment