Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chcolate cupcakes with White chocolate icing


Mum and I made my favourite chocolate cupcakes in honour of my friend SH's baby shower. In lieu of the normal coffee buttercream I wanted to find a simpler icing. SH is generally unable to eat cream so a ganache was out, pregancy overruled a cream cheese icing and so I searched for a white chocolate icing.

I found this recipe and thought that I would give it a crack!

30g white chocolate
1 tablespoon water
115g icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and melt.

Turn off the heat and gradually add the icing sugar, water and essence, stirring as you go.

Reheat icing as needed.

Notes
- The icing cooled pretty quickly so the last few cakes just crumbled when Mum tried to ice them.
- Yum. But I would still like to find a recipe for icing that looks a little prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment