Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Winter Soups


Last week Chad told me that he was the soup king... in his honour I bought him a cookbook! I started small, and got the Australian Women's Weekly mini book Soup Plus. It has lots of lovely soup recipes, with many asian inspired, as well as accompaniments and stocks. I thought that it would be a great go to book for ideas as well as to encourage us to make out own stocks.

The first recipe he made for us was curry and lime lentil soup. Yum! He used a red curry paste (the recipe was not specific) and it was spicy and sour and extremely tasty. The lime was noticeable and it cut through the heat of the curry. Mmmm...

With soups we will make a pot and enjoy the soup for the next few days. I love my soups chunky and Chad likes his smooth. We compromise by cutting the ingredients quite small.


Image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment