Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Macarons at last!


Macarons seem to have become popular recently. After seeing Poh’s Kitchen and Emmanuel and Poh make macarons of different flavours, Chad expressed curiosity in tasting them.

I promised to bring him macarons home next time I saw them and we happened to wander past Cacao selling macarons in Melbourne's GPO. We selected four different flavours (short mac, tangy lemon, pistachio, hazelnut praline), all nicely presented in a box, and proceeded to taste.

I am not sure what he was expecting them to taste like. I know he thought that they would be harder, rather than the soft meringue that he experienced. He wasn’t that impressed though, and now that he has tried them he has satisfied his curiosity.

Unfortunately he liked them well enough to eat his share!

Macarons could be the answer to my egg white dilemma...

No comments:

Post a Comment